Sunday, April 17, 2011

Gift Idea: Snowman Wall Quilt

One of my goals for the year was to work on Christmas gifts throughout the year to minimize the stress during the holiday season. I've been aiming to complete 2 projects a month, and I've been pretty good with keeping to it.

My quilting experience is pretty minimal, so to improve my binding skills, etc I wanted to find a small project that wouldn't be too overwhelming. I also wanted to learn Applique, so this was the perfect project. YouTube is a great resource to watch how to video's on binding and needleturn applique. Little did I know, I used hand quilting thread which is very thick, so for my first applique project it was more fussy than it needed to be. I finally asked my friend Joanna who is amazing at Applique and Quilting for some advise. She blogged about it here.......

As for the tree's in the wall quilt, they were paper pieced together.......These three were the best of 6....each one taking 30-45 minutes, so you could say I was getting pretty frustrated. If I were to do this project again, I may omit the trees! Or come up with something easier/less time consuming.


I think the Snowman Wall Quilt turned out pretty cute:)

No comments:

Post a Comment