Saturday, January 12, 2013

Children's Play Tent - Fun at the Beach

Let's Pretend - Fun at the Beach play tent


For Christmas this year, I decided to make a group gift for my nieces and nephew.  I browsed around for ideas and came across play tents and decided to go for it.    




For the most part the project was pretty simple to put together.  I used felt for the fabric which made it simple to machine applique the shapes, animals, etc.  The most time consuming aspect was creating the pattern itself and hand drawing the different things added to the scene. It is best to use dimensions of the table you plan to use; I took the measurements and added 1 1/2 inch to all sides to allow for 1/2 in seam allowance and a little room to ensure fits over the table. 


Another plus is that it is easy to store, as it simply folds up into a bag. 
 My favorite scene is with the Lighthouse and Sailboat: 


I think it turned out great and the kids really enjoyed it! Now they will have something to look forward to play with at Grandma & Grandpas house! 


No comments:

Post a Comment