Saturday, June 19, 2010

Quilting Update

Last month our first quilting class was spent cutting all the blocks. It was a very organized class, thanks to my friend Joanna! We cut each fabric into strips and from there we cut our squares, triangles, and quarter triangles. As we cut each piece, we placed in piles that were numbered 1-12. Once all the fabric was cut, we numbered each plastic bag and put each block in a bag. It took a total of 3 hours of cutting, but will be a huge time saver as we piece together the quilt. Here are my blocks in yes, my cute pink bags!


Our second quilting class was today and it was so much fun! The sewing machines came out and we were put to work! Piecing them together is a lot easier than I thought as we are pretty much sewing straight lines. Here are blocks 1 & 2 place on what will be my binding fabric:



Block 1:



And Block 2:


I am so excited for my fabrics! I love how they are coming together! Thanks Joanna for all your help! To check out her finished quilt with this pattern, click here & here.

No comments:

Post a Comment